On Mondays I Talk To My Plants

What do you do on Mondays?




Monday is a home day for me. I try to leave it free and do my best to clean up and get on top of the never ending laundry situation. The thing I love about Mondays is that Monday is the day I talk to my plants.

How are you going?
Oooh have you grown a new leaf?
You are such a happy fella.
Would you like some more water this week? Yes the weather is hotter.
You HAVE grown roots! I knew you could do it.



Yep! On Mondays I talk to my plants.

Some people have a strict watering system and their plants get watered following a routine. I know plenty of peopleplant  relationships that thrive on a strict routine. It just doesn't quite work for me.



My plant care is a little different to that. It's a routine but it is flexible. Each Monday I make an effort to check up with each plant. Some need their weekly water others say, "Leave me alone this week". And a few high maintenance ones say, "Visit again before next Monday".



Generally what I am doing is checking the moisture levels in the soil and I water if need. During spring some plants get fertilized or get moved inside as it starts to get too sunny out on the deck. Some plants may also get moved if I  haven't found their happy place yet. During winter a lot of my plants don't want much water so it can be quite quick. During spring and summer it can take alot longer.


After all the watering is done I sit with a coffee and appreciate my plant friends and hopefully a clean house.



What is your watering style?
Anyone else talk to their plants on Mondays?
#onmondaysitalktomyplants



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Propagating Chain of Hearts.

Begonia Babies- How to Propagate a Begonia Erythrophylla

The Begonia Family