Why houseplants? I always kill plants.

"I've killed every plant I own".
Yep! That was me too. People would gift me a plant and it would die so quick. 
Then I started to love the idea of pot plants and succulents.
"But isn't it a waste of money if they just die?"
I was thinking that too. Then I considered how much I spend when I buy flowers AND I expect them to die eventually. This made me relax a little about potentially killing any new plants I bought.
And YES I've killed a few plants in my first two years of being a plant mum. However, I'm slowly learning the right place for each of my new plants to live and thrive.
This is my fiddle leaf fig I have kept it alive over two years AND it has grown new leaves each spring. YAY!!

One of the easiest plants I own is this Begonia Erythrophylla. It copes with low light and bright light. Has suffered through both underwatering and overwatering. Thankfully it is super happy now I have figured out that it seems to prefere bright light and a decent regular drink. Just hoping I can get it to flower.
SO.....
GO BUY A PLANT.
IT might just be the plant that survives you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Propagating Chain of Hearts.

Begonia Babies- How to Propagate a Begonia Erythrophylla

The Begonia Family