My Strange Plant Addiction



My family and friends thought I was going to end up a crazy cat lady. Over the years I've showed good form. I have ALWAYS had a cat. Generally more than one. I watched two of my cats give birth right next to my bed. I even found a stray/wild kitten outside our house, bribed it into our house with milk and kept it. It scratched and bit me but I loved it. I love cats.
I had two cats before I got pregnant with my first son. One of my cats died during that pregnancy and I never replaced her. I spent my time working and when the nesting started I made my son a beautiful nursery.

When I was pregnant with my second child I bought my first plant.  https://plantsarethenewblack.blogspot.com.au/2017/12/my-friend-fern.html


This was the beginning of the end. You see I have an addictive personality and once I caught the planting bug I was hooked. My nesting this pregnancy was VERY plant focused.
I spent my time and money on plants. Indoor plants. Outdoor plants. Things to put plants in or on. My deck never looked better!


My daughter didn't get a beautiful nursery but she did grow up around plants.

Over the next two years I learnt alot about keeping plants alive. Not all my plants from my early days have survived but I have a few strange friends that have travelled along with me. Here are some:

This plant I bought for 50cents in a used takeaway coffee cup. I have no idea what it is. I know it likes shade and water. It has died a couple of times but always grows back.


I just put it in a bigger vase so I hope it survives.

This little bit of palm growing in water.


Fern and Palms are my biggest struggle. I bought a Parlour Palm in early days. It died but somehow a small bit I divided and put in water survived.

My rouge tomatoes.


The last two summers I grew tomatoes and some vegetables. This year, because we will moving soon, I planted succulents in that garden bed. I thought it was a good low maintenance option for a rental. However, this year my tomatoes have self seeded and now I have rouge tomatoes growing with my succulents.

This happy Jade.


My Elephant bush Jade is one of my easiest and happiest plants. She has grown heaps and I have taken quite a few cuttings from her.


My tiny bit of Jade.


This tiny bit of jade has lived in this concrete pot for years. It has definitely struggled as the concrete dries out super quick

My mini fern terrarium.


I collected the spores that were growing on one of my ferns and put them in a jar.

These are some of the plants that have made it through the my first years of trial and error house plant care.

So its official. I might not end up a crazy cat lady but I'm definitely in the running for crazy plant lady.

I love plants🌱🌱




My cat isn't as good at staying still for the shot as my plants are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Propagating Chain of Hearts.

Begonia Babies- How to Propagate a Begonia Erythrophylla

The Begonia Family